|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centred service responses|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCDIS008||Facilitate community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS009||Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
Although we have a set tuition fee for the program, we can tailor an individual payment plane to suit you. Contact us to inquire.
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
The CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability reflects the role of workers in a range of community settings and clients’ homes, who provide training and support in a manner that empowers people with disabilities to achieve greater levels of independence, self-reliance, community participation and well-being. Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
- This course will prepare you for Disability Support roles in the community, including direct care work and management and/or administration.
- You will be required to study 11 core units and 3 electives.
- Signature Training can help organise work placement for a minimum of 120 hours for each student. All students are supervised during their placement.
- All Signature Training courses provide specialist English language support for new migrants and those with English as a Second Language (ESOL).
What will I learn?
- You will learn how to facilitate and empower people with a disability
- Provide individualised support
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- How to develop person centred behaviour supports
- How to follow safe work practices for direct client care
What jobs can I get after completing this course?
- Care Coordinator
- Disability Coordinator
- Disability Support Worker
- Development Officer
- Behavioural Support Officer
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
A proficient level of English is required, however your English level will be assessed on application. You will also have the:
- ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- physically capability to undertake manual work
- ability to communicate sensitively with a wide background of people
- personal attributes necessary including punctuality, personal hygiene and good presentation
- Full time over 16 weeks
- Distance learning over 12 months
- You can also apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and significantly reduce the length of time to receive your qualification
- We have an open enrolment with students able to commence and start a program each week. This means you can enrol at any time and start as soon as possible.