|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE003||Coordinate services for older people|
|CHCAGE004||Implement interventions with older people at risk|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS006||Facilitate individual service planning and delivery|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCCS025||Support relationships with carers and families|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|HLTHPS006||Assist clients with medication|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
- This course will prepare you for Supervisors and Team Leaders roles in the Care industry.
- You will be required to study 15 core units and 3 electives.
- Signature Training can help organise work placement for a minimum of 120 hours for each student. All students are supervised during their placement.
What will I learn?
- You will learn how to coordinate services for older people and implement interventions for older people at risk
- How to support independence and well being and meet personal support needs
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- How to support relationships between carers and families
- How to facilitate individual service planning and delivery
What jobs can I get after completing this course?
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Assistant Hostel Supervisor
- Care Supervisor
- Care Team Leader
- Community Program Coordinator
- Day Activity Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker (Community Services)
A proficient level of English is required, however your English level will be assessed on application. You will also have the:
- ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- physically capability to undertake manual work
- ability to communicate sensitively with a wide background of people
- personal attributes necessary including punctuality, personal hygiene and good presentation
- Full time over 28 weeks
- Maximum duration 12 months
- You can also apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and significantly reduce the length of time to receive your qualification
- We have an open enrolment with students able to commence and start a program each week. This means you can enrol at any time and start as soon as possible.
Although we have a set tuition fee for the course, we can tailor individual payment plan options to assist you. Contact us to inquire.
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support